Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Day at the Beach

For anyone out there in the great, big world who doesn't yet realize that I, Chris Zimmerman, am married to a superhero, here's a true story:

On Saturday we were at the beach and I was jumping around in the waves in knee-deep water while Jerry was out farther playing on a boogie board.  All of the sudden, a monster white cap came crashing in and, at that instant, I was underwater.  It carried me to shore and when I stood up, both my hat and my prescription sunglasses had been swept away.  


Someone on the beach called that they had grabbed my hat and I wandered away to retrieve it.  After I got it, I realized that, by moving, I'd dramatically reduced my odds of finding my sunglasses.  Ever.    

Meanwhile Jerry, who had seen what had happened, swam over and I waded out a bit to meet him.  As I was telling him that they were lost for good, my husband reached into the Atlantic Ocean and pulled out my sunglasses.  I repeat:  I lost my sunglasses in the ocean and my husband found them.  Only a superhero could do that!  I'm still amazed.

That man should be wearing a costume with a cape.


www.StillSwimmingUpstream.com

    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fortuitous that Jerry knew where you were, and found the glasses. He is a superhero! (It's not just a costume.)

Nastase Nutiness said...

It's that x-ray vision! You should put him to work finding gold doubloons in the ocean. Or are you already doing that but don't want us to know?

Swimming Upstream said...

If he has a stash of treasures from the sea, he's keeping mum. Which would be just like him!

Anonymous said...

Comments work!