Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Superhero

Grayson, my two-year-old grandson, hasn't voluntarily worn a stitch of clothing since late last September.  The fateful day occurred when his family went the Disney store to pick up Halloween outfits.  It was right then that he discovered his new passion in fashion:  COSTUMES!  He walked into that store as Grayson but left as Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

The first costume

Generally, his ensemble includes fingerless gloves, green rubber boots and, for special occasions, wings that attach to the back with Velcro. At first it was all Buzz, all the time but as the days turned into weeks, he expanded his repertoire to include Spiderman and Ironman.  Now his wardrobe also boasts The Hulk and Wolverine.

Wolverine at the Zoo


Spidey is a favorite



Even his pjs are costumes
The last time I visited, he was running around inside wearing just a pair of spidey undies which he had on backwards so he could see the picture.

"Aren't you cold?"  I asked.

"Yes," he replied.

"Want to get dressed?"

"Where's my costume?" he eyed me suspiciously.

As I was helping him into his Ironman outfit, I said, "Grayson, you are my secret superhero."
He faintly smiled as he paused a minute to give this statement some thought.  Then, he raised an eyebrow.

"Tell me more," he said.


www.StillSwimmingUpstream.com

4 comments:

Jon and Elizabeth said...

I love that kid. Super heroes run in the family, didn't you know? I happen to be wonder woman. ;)

Connie Strnat said...

Wonderwoman underoos and little, red snow boots. That was your outfit of choice. You and Grayson definitely have a kinship in fashion, Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

What a great kid! I also remember E as 'Wonder Woman' and am happy for J that there are now great costumes and not just 'underoos'! I love the line "Tell me more" what a delight!

Unknown said...

Gotta love a super Hero x x