Thursday, February 7, 2013

Back to Reality

Last week, the Cayman Islands; this week, Atlanta.  Since Jerry had to work and I didn't have any big plans for myself, I decided to take a leisurely shower.  I hopped in, lathered myself all up and was shampooing my hair when suddenly the water stopped. I was sort of stunned as I watched the last few drops trickle out of the faucet. For a hot minute, I just stood there and waited.

Finally I snapped out of my reverie and realized no more water would be coming out.  I grabbed a towel, got out and called the front desk.  The "guest host" put me on hold for what seemed like a long time. I was dripping wet, seriously soapy and getting chilly. Suds were trickling down my the back of my neck.

Finally she came back on the line.  "The maintenance man is on his way up," she said.  As I hung up the phone, I heard a knock at my door.

I really miss the beach.

Last week I swam with the stingrays. 

No comments: