Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Mantra

"My mantra for the month," I told Jerry, "is 'Don't put it down, put it away.'"

"Really?" he smiled. "Because..."

"A place for everything and everything in its place," I interrupted.

"...because I noticed that you just put your hat on the upstairs landing."  He grinned.

"That's because my hat belongs on the landing -- that's where I want it to be, on the landing," I said defensively. "I'm surprised you didn't know that.  And the bag of newspapers behind the hat?  It belongs there, too."

The books belong on the stairs.  Really.
Wouldn't it be nice if I actually lived the life that I already think I'm living?

2 comments:

Denny said...

I Agree, I like the bedroom closet doors left open sometimes. It makes me feel like im in charge

Kate Zimmerman said...

You function best in an ultra-clean environment, remind him of that.